When it comes to weight loss and methods that can help you lose weight it is not always that hard to save calories and get rid of the excess pounds. There are a number of things you can do in your daily life, part of your routine that can really make a difference. In this short post we outline 10 quick and easy ways to lose weight. The tips and tricks explained here are not meant to replace your weight loss plans or programs; they can be used as an additional source which can help you understand better how to lose weight quickly.
1. Keep meats that are high in fat (burgers, fried food, junk food) outside your diet. They have nothing to offer to your body and health (other than calories and fat) and there are many better replacements both in terms of calories and healthiness.
2. Did you notice that people who eat spicy food do not have weight problems? This is true and the main reason behind this is that spicy food can accelerate your metabolism and help you burn more calories. So spicy up your food to make it tastier and boost your metabolism at the same time.
3. Salads are delicious, healthy and calorie friendly. Why not try having a salad for lunch instead of a heavy and calorie loaded meal? Salads give you a lot of energy at minimum cost. It goes without saying that you should avoid saucy salad dressings.
4. There is no valid excuse that can keep you away from walking or running for 30 minutes per day. This activity will clean your mind, give you more energy and help you lose weight. If the weather is bad then go to the gym or use the treadmill at home. If you don’t have one, then buy one. Do not expect that you will lose weight magically. You need to take actions and make the effort.
5. The last meal of the day is dinner. You should take your dinner at least 3 hours before bedtime and after that you should not eat anything. Do not make the mistake that many people do. Many people eat their dinner and until they go to bed they eat snacks and sweets (a bite of this and that), capable to blow up their weight loss efforts. A nice way to remind your self that you should not eat anything is to brush your teeth right after dinner.
6. When you need to drink something then this should be fresh water. There are no perfect substitutes of water despite what you want to believe. Better drink fewer juices and no soft drinks and fight your thirst with 6-8 glasses of water per day.
7. Weight lifting can help you lose weight fast. Do not be afraid of strength training and body building. The harder and more effort you put into exercise the more weight you will lose. Weight lifting can help you build muscles utilizing the fat reserves for energy.
8. If you do not have to go to a restaurant (because you are invited for dinner) then try to eat at home. Eating at home is better because you have more control on the size of the food portions and the ingredients used for cooking. Food cooked in restaurants is not really healthy and the more you can avoid it the better.
9. If you really have to eat out then prefer to order your own portion from the menu instead of taking buffet. Buffets are full of temptations and most probably you will not be able to resist and at the end you will feel bad. Also try eating only half of the food portion to make sure that you will not consume more calories than you really need.
10. Last but not least, if you are serious about losing weight quickly then keep a food diary. In the diary you can record everything you eat and drink and also calculate the amount of calories. Watch your diary and make sure that you do not eat more calories (keep your diet around 2000-24000 calories daily) than what you need and also used it as a tool to help you set your weight loss goals.