Many people comment on weight loss blogs and are asking if it is feasible to lose 10 pounds in 2 weeks. The answer to this question is both positive and negative. On the positive part, it is possible to lose 10 pounds in 2 weeks and the negative part is based on the fact that while you can you should not try and lose too much weight in such a short period of time.
Healthy weight loss is the only way out
Weight loss to be effective should be done naturally and gradually. Losing 10 pounds in just 2 weeks is very difficult to be done using natural and healthy ways. To make such a reduction in your weight you either have to follow a very strict diet or use chemicals (i.e. weight loss pills). Even by engaging such techniques the only thing you can achieve is tolose water weight and dehydrate your body and most probably what will happen is that you will get the weight back as soon as you stop the program. If this is how you want to lose weight then go ahead and do it, there a number of weight loss pills and diets on the Internet that will help you out. If on the other hand you want to lose weight in a way that you will not cause any other problems to your health and be able to keep the weight off then you have to do some sacrifices and be ready to work hard until you get the desired results.
Lose weight in 2 weeks
In this article we will not try to explain how to lose 10 pounds in a week but on how to lose weight in 2 weeks. The number of pounds you will lose in these 2 weeks depends on the characteristics and body structure of each person. What is suitable for some people may not work for others. A weight loss program that works for some may not work for others. This is the main reason why the question ‘is it possible to lose 10 pounds in 2 weeks’ has two contradicting answers. What you should concentrate your efforts on is to set the baseline for weight loss. This means that you should start preparing your body for losing weight by creating your long term healthy plan.
When you start your efforts it is likely that you will lose a few pounds in the first 2 weeks. What you need to ensure is that this trend will continue and that you will not get the weight back. When we say ‘do not get the weight back’ we simply mean that once you stop your efforts and for a period of 6 months you will not return to your previous weight. The main idea behind this is that by that time hopefully you have already adopted a new lifestyle and eating habits and there is no longer need to follow any weight loss plan, process or program.
So, for the next 14 days try to apply the tips below and see for yourself how many pounds you can lose.
1. Drink at least 10 glasses of water per day
2. Do not eat ready-made meals. Avoid eating out or taking take away. Cook at home using healthy and low calorie products.
3. Eat more salads with not extra dressing except virgin olive oil
4. Stop drinking soft drinks and alcohol
5. Replace milk with low fat milk
6. Replace snacks with fruits and vegetables
7. Eat at least 2 apples per day.
8. Eat your last meal at least 3 hours before you go to bed
9. Start your day with a good breakfast
10. Start walking for 20 minutes per day the first week and 30 minutes the next week.
11. Replace meat with fish
12. Do not forget that your goal for the next 2 weeks is to lose weight. This may need some sacrifices but you need to be strong and do it.
13. Do not eat fried foods. Prefer barbequed or boiled.
14. Do not buy take away coffee (latter, cappuccino). Prefer black coffee with a bit of low fat milk.