If you’re trying to lose weight, you are one of the million people out there trying to do the exact same thing: trying to find relevant, useful information on how to lose weight the healthy way, without getting cheated by fad products, without getting bogged down by misinformation and myths.
Having this in mind, here is a list I compiled together on the most common do’s and don’ts that people need to know, to benefit mostly fro their chosen weight loss plan.
- Eat breakfast every day. In fact, make breakfast the most important part of your meal, and dinner the least important one.
- Eat a lot of fruits and vegetables to have enough fibre in your diet
- Drink at least 8 glasses of water every day. Hydration is a must!
- Monitor your progress on a weekly basis. Every Monday morning weight yourself and measure your weight. This will keep you positive and motivated to continue with your weight loss program
- Eat smaller portions for each meal and eat 4-5 meals a day. This ensures that you are never hungry so you don’t feel the need to gobble up your food during your next lunch
Don’t do these:
- Even though something might not have many calories, don’t eat is just because of the calories count if it doesn’t actually help you with your weight loss
- Don’t reduce your calories too a very low level, because this way your body thinks you’re starving and will slow down your metabolism to align with you. That’s not what you are after.
- Don’t get influenced by others, nobody knows better what’s good for you except you and your doctor (or dietician). Friends and family are not your doctors
- Don’t get discouraged if you don’t lose weight within 3 days. This is just a myth. Losing weight the healthy way needs time. This is why it is important to weight yourself every Monday morning and measure your waist. Never a better motivation booster than seeing with your own eyes your slow but steady results
- Don’t get demotivated if you have a ‘blue’ day. Yes, sometimes it happens that you need a day off from your diet. Just go with the flow and get back on track as soon as you’re off your blue soap box.